End of September is drawing close and we promised an update to version 0.8. We’ll keep that promise… with just a few days delay!
The release of version 0.8 is scheduled for October 3, 2016!
Now, we have been very ambitious with this version. Originally we planned to release the whole jungle (the biggest area yet) together with a city (also pretty big) and the Shockwave dungeon – a huge dungeon consisting of 3 smaller sub dungeons with a total length greatly exceeding that of the previous dungeons. All of that in about 3 months (which was also the time we needed for the heat area released with version 0.6).
… Sadly we didn’t quite get this far. However, since it has been over 3 month, we don’t want to postpone the release and instead just release what we managed to complete.
So here is what you get with version 0.8:
- The new jungle area Gaia’s Garden with about 60% of the maps finished
- The Zir’vitar Temple which is 1 of the 3 planned sub dungeons
- The central part of Basin Keep, the city inside the jungle
- Autumn’s Fall – a new area connecting Rookie Harbor with the jungle
- The new Wave Element Mode and maybe more combat arts for the other element modes, too
- More Quests in Bergen Trail and Village (and elsewhere)
- The new Status Menu with more detailed information about your stats and modifiers
Okay, so this may look like only half of the content was completed… it’s not quite as bad though! A lot of work already went into the remaining content so we should be able finish it rather quickly within the next 1 or 2 months.
And now a few images of recent development!
Entering the new dungeon!
More insane bounce puzzles!
Wave element mode upgrade!
The new Botanic menu! Note: this feature may not be ready for version 0.8.
Oh yeah, and since it’s Sunday, just a quick reminder that we’ll have a gamedev stream today:
Stream will be live at: twitch.tv/radicalfishgames
Today we’ll work on Basin Keep, adding NPCs and more details.
If you have any question about the next release or anything else, feel free to drop by and ask in the chat!
And that’s all – Radical Fish out!