It includes a few clips of new content but we made sure not to spoil the big surprises!
Live Stream on Release Day
That’s why we thought it would be appropriate to have a very special live stream on September 20 when we release the game!
The big difference: we will meet up in Frankfurt, visit our Publisher Deck13 and stream live from their office! Most RFG developers will be there and guests as well!
Get ready for some talking about behind the scenes stuff, reflecting on the overall development and of course… Anime talk. Probably. A little bit.
You might also be able to win some stuff! Please gief view!
You’ll be able to watch the whole thing on our Twitch channel.
A content-free update of the Game!
With this post we also release a small update for the game! And it’s entirely content-free!
… That means this update doesn’t add any new content. Or fixes. Or any other changes to the game, really.
Instead, we finally updated the version of NW.js, the software we use to run CrossCode! From our experience so far, this hopefully means that the game will run faster and more stable for most of you. If instead you have troubles with the new version, please let us know in the forum or via E-Mail!
If the new version doesn’t work for you at all, you have the option to manually downgrade NW.js back to the old version using one of the following instructions:
For Windows and Linux
- Open the installation folder of CrossCode (e.g. within Steam Apps)
- Delete all files and folders except for the asset folder
- Download the alternative files ( Windows | Linux 32 | Linux 64 ) and extract them into the installation folder.
- Open the CrossCode.app folder (e.g. within Steam Apps) and backup the assets folder found in Contents/Resources/app.nw/
- Replace the CrossCode.app folder with this one
- Copy the asset folder back into Contents/Resources/app.nw/
Note: Whenever CrossCode is updated by Steam (or other platforms) it automatically updates NW.js again, so you will have to repeat those steps after each update. Sorry!
To Do List Update
Since we’re so close to release, we thought it’s okay to skip the To Do List update for August. Those are actually quite a bit of work. In any case, the short version is: most content has been completed.
Until very soon!