Radical Fish Games
Based in Saarbrücken, Germany
HTML5 / PC / Mac / Linux
CrossCode is a retro-inspired 2D Action RPG set in the distant future, combining 16-bit SNES-style graphics with butter-smooth physics, a fast-paced combat system, and engaging puzzle mechanics, served with a gripping sci-fi story. You follow a player called Lea as she logs into CrossWorlds - a fictional MMO of the distant future. Lea is not your average player though. She hast lost her memory and is (literally) mute. Now the only way to regain her memory is to play CrossWorlds, disovering all the places the game has to offer and meeting other players on the way - hoping they won't mistake her for a bot. As Lea’s memory returns, a deep mystery surrounding CrossWorlds will be unraveled - and you may come to understand why a mute player is stuck in this game in the first place. CrossCode combines features of the Action-Adventure and RPG genre, delivering both, a great variety of puzzles and an engaging, fast-paced combat system with plenty of options for character growth.
Development of CrossCode started back in 2011 as a small experiment with the impact.js HTML5 game engine. The project quickly evolved into something serious as Team Radical Fish Games was formed so that several people could joint forces to push development. At the end of 2012, we released the first TechDemo (shortly followed by the TechDemo++). On Nov 30, 2014, we released the first Demo with a higher focus on RPG-featyres and content. On Feb 25, 2015, we started a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo to fund further development. Since then we continously release small updates for the current demo version. You can play the demo in your browser or download the game for windows at: http://www.cross-code.com
- 16-bit, SNES-style 2D graphics with detailed animations
- A soundtrack inspired by old SNES and Playstation JRPGs
- A unique ball throwing mechanic with charging functionality and ricocheting balls, used for combat and puzzles
- A fast-paced combat system featuring close and ranged attacks, guarding, dashing and great variety of special attacks.
- A complete RPG system with leveling, equipment, consumable items and skill trees
- A detailed movement system with auto-jumping and precise collision
New Indiegogo Trailer YouTube
First Trailer YouTube
Combat Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "It is, by far, the best demo I’ve played for a currently-crowdfunding project."
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "(...) the game is not just showing that it is inspired by The Legend of Zelda, but is looking to surpass it."
- Joel Couture, indiegames.com
- "Then, I got bored and decided to try out the demo and boy, am I glad I did, because the game is wonderful."
- Jed Whitaker, Destructoid
- "I can’t stress enough how beautifully CrossCode plays, with the fluid combat and shooting being almost dreamlike."
- Jahanzeb Khan, Hardcore Gamer
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Soundcloud Page of the Soundtrack soundcloud.com.
Release Blog Post
The blog-post through which this game was released is available at radicalfishgames.com.
About Radical Fish Games
We are a young studio and crazy about details. So we tend to polish our stuff, be it animations, controls, physics or that one pixel in the interface that just didn't seem right. We like our games with a touching story and deep, fast-paced gameplay. You find those qualities in RPGs, Action-Adventures, Beat'em Ups, and all kind of genres, really. So we think: why not simply mix up those genres and create something new? And since we all grew up in the 16bit area, we add some good ol' 2D sprite art on top. That's what we do in a nutshell.
More information on Radical Fish Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Programmer, Artist, Game Designer, Freelancer
Programmer, Game Designer, Freelancer
Game Designer, Freelancer
Sound designer, Freelancer
Sound designer, Freelancer