It’s done! Just in time. Today we release CrossCode Version 0.9 as promised in February! This updates comes with another new dungeon, a very big circuit update, a new party member, lots of quests and many, many more features, improvements, and additions!
Grand Krys’kajo – The final temple of the Jungle
With the Grand Krys’kajo we release the final temple of Gaia’s Garden. Being the follow up dungeon after the So’najiz and Zir’vitar Temple it will combine puzzle mechanics from both dungeons and finish things off with an epic boss fight! Boss fight… are you thinking contest? That’s right! Read more about it further below.
Level 2 Combat Arts
The circuit made a pretty big leap with this update: all passive skill, as well as level 1 and level 2 Combat Arts have been fully implemented. That means the circuit is pretty much complete with the exception of level 3 combat arts. Since so many things changed, you’ll get the option to reset your skill tree when you load your old save.
Also: we added a new Practice Arena in the Info Building of Rookie Harbor! You can practice all the Combat Arts to your heart’s content without being limited by SP costs.
C’Tron – Now ready to join your Party
C’Tron is now finally ready to join party! When you reach the current end of the story, C’Tron will send you a message, allowing you to invite him to your party via the Social Menu. This will also work with old save states. Note: C’Tron is currently only there for you to enjoy the gameplay with a 3rd party member – scenes and plenty of chit-chat will be added later.
But that’s not all! Party Members are now much more capable in general, as they will start using elements and combat arts during battle – and are less likely to fall into water… a bit. You also now have more options for your party’s behavior via the new and shiny strategy menu!
Lots of new Quests
This update has Quests. Many Quests. 8 of them. You’ll find them in Bergen Village, Maroon Valley, Ba’kii Kum, and Basin Keep. They come with many new boss fights, mini games, and other cool challenges! So make sure to keep an eye out for those flashing exclamation marks!
New Help Menu
Remember when you used to look at a trading offer, trying to figure out what a certain modifier does? Help Menu to the rescue! With a simple button press you now can see on screen explanations for all kind of menu content, including stats, modifiers, and many other things. The new help menu is available in most menu views, including Trading, Shopping, Equipment, Inventory, and many more.
This update packs a lot of smaller cool features that are also worth mentioning
- A improve display when Swapping Circuit Branches. You can actually see the skills you will exchange.
- A new SP bar that allows you to quickly see your current SP without moving your eyes away from the player
- Total Damage Number for each enemy to better estimate the amount of damage you deal – pretty much inspired by what PixelFerrets did in Secret of Grindea
- An improved stun system that solves a few frustrating counter-attack moments (looking at you, Apollo) and allows the player to escape a long chain of combos
- Changed order of menu buttons! The Quest Menu is now much easier to reach.
- New Buff stacking behavior: your number of concurrent buff now starts with 1 and can be extended with the appetite skill. Also: you can start a new buff at any time while buffs with overlapping stat improvement will cancel each other out.
- No more unlimited combat art charging. Sorry, but this was never intended to be a feature!
Contest: Beat the Boss of the Grand Krys’kajo!
This is possibly our final boss contest before the full release!
Show us how you beat the boss of the Grand Krys’kajo!
Just create a public video (Youtube, Twitch, doesn’t matter) and send us a link to email@example.com.
You can add your live reaction or leave it out, whatever you prefer!
Among all people who send us a video, we’ll draw the following prize:
You get your personal NPC guest role somewhere in CrossWorlds – you decide the location! You can be an Avatar, a regular citizen or maybe something else? We’ll work together to figure out the details!
Deadline: Sunday, March 5, 23:59 PST
Phews! That’s all.
Have fun with the new release and make sure to beat up that new boss for good!
And now comes the time of Bug hunting.