The 4th CrossWeek has just been completed! 6 Radical Fishes met somewhere in Hannover and worked on CrossCode full-time for 8 days straight!
It has been a tremendously productive time – and also a lot of fun!
This was the first CrossWeek where we used a proper Task Board!
That was the task board after the first day!
…and here at the end of the CrossWeek. We managed to finish almost all the tasks we set out to complete and more!
And here is roughly what we did:
- 9 new enemies spritesheets completed including two midboss enemies!
- 7 enemies fully implemented with plenty of fierce attacks and tricky weak spots
- 8 new jungle maps created with rough terrain for crazy jumping puzzles
- 6 1/2 jungle maps filled with lovely details and vines everywhere
- 30+ new sounds added for puzzle elements, background and enemies
- Several small technical features, bugfixes and internal editors
- A lot of progress on a new CrossCode poster!
And because numbers are pretty boring, here some images and GIFs:
We also had a fun time in general!
Doing ridiculous amounts of shopping!
Everything was great… until the burning started.
Burning hamburger buns.
Burning veggie-burger patties.
So before we’d manage to burn down the entire kitchen, we decided to just go out for dinner on a Sunday. Also Sezui, one of our generous backers from the Indiegogo campaign, joined us!
Very delicious burgers!
Following this, absolutely nothing else went wrong!
And this concludes our fourth CrossWeek!
Now it’s time for the final sprint for version 0.8, that we still plan to release around end of September!